1 cup of flour
3 tablespoons of sugar
1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
1/8 teaspoons of Salt
1/2 sticks of butter
3/4 cups sugar
6 tablespoons of butter
3 large eggs
1 pinch of salt
2 tablespoons rum
2 cups of pecan nut, halved
1 cup of corn syrup
- For the crust, combine in the food processor flour, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and baking powder. Press 3 times.
- Cut the half stick of butter into 5, add to the bowl and process until there are no large chunks of butter left, about 15 seconds.
- Add an egg and pulse about 10 times until the paste forms into a ball.
- Form a ball with your hands, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate it for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- For the filling, combine the honey and sugar in a saucepan and put over a low heat to boil without stirring and leave it until the sugar dissolves. Take off the heat, add butter and let it melt.
- In a bowl, stir the eggs, rum, and salt. Add the butter and honey mixture, being careful not to stir too much. Let it cool.
- For the crust, remove from the refrigerator and roll to have a circle of 30 cm in diameter. Place in a previously greased small pie pan. Pressing a little.
- Trim the excess from the edges. Arrange the walnuts in the crust, pour the filling and place it on the walnuts.
- With a fork, push the walnuts down so they are covered. Bake for 35 minutes until the filling is firm. Serve cold or warm.