5 tablespoons of tomato sauce
Herbs (thyme, rosemary, oregano)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the vegetables.
- Cut the tomatoes, the eggplant and the zucchini into thin slices.
- Place the eggplant slices in a strainer and season them with enough salt. Let them sweat for half an hour, and then wash them.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Pour the tomato sauce into the surface of the cooking pan.
- Place an eggplant slice, a tomato slice and a zucchini slice, and build up layers.
- Once all the vegetables are in place, season with salt, pepper, and the herbs of your preference.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and bake the vegetables for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes or until you see that the vegetables are golden brown.